Facebook or Instagram? Choose!!!

By Gasper Crasto

There was a strange debate between me and my friends over the weekend -- Instagram vs Facebook, continued the battle.

The two are among the hottest🔥 social media platforms across the globe now, apparently with billions of users.

Though Instagram is labeled as a photo-sharing app, its audience is growing rapidly among the youth which I came to know only through my ‘youth’ friends, so I decided to do a survey of my own to get myself ‘updated’.

After all my ‘googling’, I told them Instagram and Facebook should not be confused. Both are great in their own way – especially in consuming precious hours of our lives.

I was more supportive of Facebook which provoked them to ask if I was actually being paid by Mark Zuckerberg to do so.

THE STATS

Facebook users are usually aged between 25 and above while Instagram users are mostly the teenagers and youth upto 30 perhaps.

But without doubt, Facebook retains the most massive audience of all social media platforms worldwide. However, its usage among teens has dropped recently, with the younger genre spending more time on YouTube, Instagram, Snapchat or Tik-Tok.

Then, there are the numerous scandals surrounding Facebook, from privacy issues to Fake Accounts, and vultures hovering around waiting to pounce on you at every false post or comment – with their ‘philosophical’ counter-comments. 

And some are silent observers enjoying every post without a comment, like or share; but the first ones to cheer you up privately on WhatsApp when you are in a public storm😀. 

CHOOSE THIS & THAT

Let’s go through the differences quickly so you are not caught off-guard like me.

Facebook allows to post images, videos, and text together or individually.

Instagram only allows visual content (images and videos) with written captions.

You can create photo albums on Facebook; on Insta you cannot.

Facebook is both desktop and mobile-friendly; Instagram is more mobile-friendly.

Facebook users can add clickable links to their posts, on Insta, the only clickable links you can find are in the bio. 

Facebook has a Games feature, Instagram doesn’t.

Instagram has filters which provides a plastic surgery to your looks; Facebook ‘looks’ original at the moment.

They say, ‘writing is the mother of eloquence and the father of artistes.’ 

When I told some ‘toddlers’ that I would continue writing my text posts for a while as I grew up writing postal letters & blogs, they wondered which World War or era I came from.  

They were not amused at all. 

If you are inspired, remember to share this post. It’s simple – use the buttons below.😉

Newer Post Older Post Home