Avatar 2 – The Way I Saw It...



Gasper Crasto/Kuwait

I defied my own morals of watching only the top 5 films of the year (in any language) by watching Avatar 2 – on the first day of its release in Kuwait’s Avenues Cinema.
The film has scenes that will make your eyes pop up, your head spin and your heart race like anything.
To summarize, Avatar 2 is a super-duper cinematic experience that deserves to be watched in Imax Dolby 3D theatres to witness the grandeur. Even something as simple as the rain in 3D is so mind-blowing.
But don’t go in with high expectations, I feel the first version was better and unforeseen.
Without the technical side, Avatar 2 is kind of ordinary with the storyline, but throughout the movie, you can’t stop imagining how the freak they made the movie.
And for the life of me, I have seen few English movies so lengthy (over 3 hours) since Ben Hur, Godfather and Passion of Christ.
Halfway through the movie I asked the person sitting next to me, on my daughter’s insistence, whether there was a interval for the film or not (as we didn’t know ourselves).😅
The person apparently did not catch what I was saying. He turned to his wife, and they both craned their neck to me to check what I wanted.
Probably Malyalis or Tamilians, as I could not figure out what language they spoke but watching a English movie. Or if they spoke Avatar’s Na’vi language or were just content reading the Arabic subtitles.
I told them again in English and repeated the same in Hindi. Then they both nodded ‘yes, yes, yes’ meaning there was interval.
However, much to my disappointment, the movie ended without a break which embarrassed my neighbors so much that even after the movie was long over and we left, they remained glued to the seats in their 3D glasses - - looking at the screen like blind fools.😁
𝗴𝗮𝘀𝗽𝗲𝗿𝘀𝗪𝗼𝗿𝗹𝗱 𝗥𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗺𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗲: 𝟯/𝟱.

Newer Post Older Post Home