My Prized Possession

Our Lady of Vailankanni, Good Health, gaspersworld

By Gasper Crasto...07.09.2023

When I walk into homes or offices, I come across unique things, and some weird stuff too.

Most of my football friends (that includes me), love to display the rusting trophies. 

Homes of ‘writer’ friends are loaded with libraries of books and striking titles, while ‘tiatrist’ friends love to show off plaques, flyers, or award photographs.

Some homes are loaded with mementos of places visited and refrigerators full of magnets, others have photographs with superstars, which I find very cool; others are content displaying photographs of their forefathers. 

While there are still those with tiny vintage cars or dolls that would fill up a museum, others delight in antique pieces, clocks, lamps & wedding giveaways, having no idea how to effectively integrate them into their modern homes. 

In recent years though, my eyes light up to see bar cabinets in homes displaying expensive liquor brands and wine bottles, which create a whole different mood altogether.

PRIZED POSSESSION

You may not have even realized it, but all of us, am sure, have prized things to exhibit.

What is your most prized possession? 

More to the point, one day I began to wonder -- what is my prized possession? 

Before we move forward let’s first try to define prized possessions. 

Well, these would be something that we never like to lose, or things that make you feel pleased, or fortunate - things that hold a little bit of magic.

Naturally, prized possessions differ from person to person, and many prized possessions have emotions attached, which can’t be bought by money. 

Some people treasure things passed on to them by their parents or ancestors -- like rings, wristwatches, pendants, jewellery, etc.

One of the most esteemed possessions that I have, ever since I stepped foot in Kuwait some 20-odd years ago, is a small 3-inch by 2-inch ordinary metal frame with an image of Our Lady of Vailankanni.

Over the years, I have changed home 11 times in Kuwait – much like a cat. But the only possession that I have carried all through the years is the Vailankanni frame that I’d purchased during one of my pilgrimage to Vailankanni, Madras. 

MIRACLE OF THE IMAGE

What is so miraculous about this image? 

Well, one of the hardest challenges of our life is waiting for God to intervene -- during a situation that breaks our heart, tests our faith, or robs us of peace and joy. 

I have been on my knees many times in my life when I found myself in crisis. And each time I have experienced magical miracles happening in my life out of nowhere.

The Vailankanni image in my home generates lots of positive feelings which makes me feel good, boosts my mood, and seems to inspire and motivate me. 

Just a glance at this image, in and out of the house, reminds me of my unbroken faith, and gives me a sense of control; a control that makes me feel secure in my day. 

Our Lady of Good Health, Mother Vailankanni, pray for us. Amen.💓🙏

____

Thank you for reading this. Over to you now, tell us about the most prized possession in your life. And if you like the article, please type Amen & SHARE.

Newer Post Older Post Home