R.I.P Rishi

Gasper Crasto
By Gasper Crasto

Two megastars collapsed in two days! 

Irfan Khan yesterday, died of a rare tumor. 

Today, Rishi Kapoor passed away after a 2-year battle with leukemia – one of the most dangerous of cancers.

I was overwhelmed to read that doctors and medical staff at the Reliance Hospital in Mumbai where he died said he kept them entertained to the last. 

The star certainly wished to be remembered with a smile and not with tears.

Many of our stars have entertained us, hiding their own pain. May God bless them all.

MEMORIES OF RISHI KAPOOR

Personally, I have not been a big fan of Rishi Kapoor, but some of the movies that I loved Rishi Kapoor in his role were, ofcourse, his old and debut film ‘Bobby’ which I saw on video in the ’90s. Surely it remains his classic film.

Rishi Kapoor’s roles that are fresh in my mind are from ‘Deewana’ alongside Shahrukh Khan and Divya Bharti; and ‘Chandni’ starring Sridevi and Anil Kapoor. 

While his roles in the epic Kamal Hassan movie ‘Sagar’, and ‘Ghar Ghar Ki Kahani’ were super too during our school days.
A movie featuring Rishi Kapoor that I saw last was about 2 weeks back – Housefull-2. The way he enacted his role, it looked he would be living a 100 years – so energetic and lively.

I am sure the Kapoor family legacy will be kept alive by Rishi Kapoor’s son Ranbir Kapoor who has turned out to be a mega showman after his role in ‘Sanju’.

Newer Post Older Post Home