Black: Helen Pinto in a friendly appearance

By Gasper Crasto, Kuwait

Kuwait July 30: "Though it is just a friendly appearance, I did my part with minimum of cuts...' says Mrs. Helen Pinto, one of the Mangalorean artistes to feature in 'BLACK Nhesop Atanchem Fashion' - the first Konkani E-Cinema scheduled for premier screening on August 10, 2007 at Masrah, Hawalli Auditorium, Kuwait.

Helen, also the Marketing Coordinator for the movie said, "During my college days I did some acting in dramas and I have supported Konkani language all along." She further added, "When I heard about the BLACK movie being made, I felt we all could do something to support T-Bush and our Konkani language. I voluntarily took up responsibility to promote the movie in whatever way I can -- in my own capacity. Many Mangaloreans are aware of the project and are expected to patronize the premier."

Speaking about T-Bush and doing marketing for the movie, Helen, a Manager with Behbehani Car Rentals for the last 25 said, "I feel proud to be associated with T-Bush International Films and promoting the movie amongst our community in Kuwait and abroad.

We must all give full support to the 'hero' who has thought of doing something for Konkani, our mother tongue. This will inspire many others to follow suit. There are lot of expenses incurred in making a mega film such as BLACK that is shot over a period of time at different places and many artistes. I am afraid T-Bush may not recover what he has invested in the movie, but his determined efforts to achieve international recognition to Konkani, and bring to light some of the fading traditions of our times, will be much-admired by the masses and respected."

For last 2 years, Helen is involved as Vice-President of Tulukuta-Kuwait, a social organization for unity through language having over 1600 members. Helen comes from Balkunje but is now settled in Padil, Mangalore. Her first step in Kuwait was way back in 1981.

Helen concluded saying, "BLACK will surely raise the standard of our Konkani films to a high pedestal!"

Newer Post Older Post Home